قالب وردپرس درنا توس
Home / Health / 2 cases of COVID-19 deaths investigated in the Commerce food facility, which were closed together with 2 other persons who did not report the occurrence of viruses: health official

2 cases of COVID-19 deaths investigated in the Commerce food facility, which were closed together with 2 other persons who did not report the occurrence of viruses: health official



LA County Health is investigating reports of two COVID-19 deaths at the Commerce Food Processing Facility, one of three in the county that may have reopened after closure earlier this week due to non-reporting of coronavirus outbreaks. Officials informed about it on Thursday.

The deaths were reported at Mission Foods Corp., which has a positive virus test on 49 employees, LA County Health Minister Dr. County said in a briefing on Thursday. Muntu Davis.

The health department said one of the dead died in LA County and the other lived outside the ministry’s jurisdiction.

The head of maintenance at 67-year-old Jose Roberto Alvarez died last week of COVID-1

9, and according to his daughter Alisha Alvarez, he contracted for coronavirus. outbreak of the disease in the facility through the media and not from her father’s employer.

The Foods mission issued a statement stating that it was implementing security measures “beyond the requirements of health authorities”, including mandates for face masks and social distances, the installation of plexiglass barriers and restrictions on the use of common areas.

“Since the beginning of the pandemic in early March, we have worked hard to inform our employees,” said Paul de la O, Regional Director of Production at Mission Foods.

The other two catering establishments, which were ordered to close on Sunday, are S&S Foods in Azusa and Golden State Foods Corp. in the City of Industry, which had 60 and 47 cases of coronaviruses.

“In all three outbreaks, the employer did not report to the Ministry of Health when three positive cases were identified among their employees,” Davis said, explaining that the department had learned of the outbreaks from an anonymous line of complaints.

The Complaints Line receives about 2,000 to 3,000 complaints per week and, according to the Davis Department, is currently investigating more than 1,000 coronavirus outbreaks in the county.

In a media statement, Golden State Foods said it was reporting its cases to COVID-19 “to the necessary authorities,” but said the County LA Department of Health had not disclosed its reporting requirements to manufacturers.

“It was simply a procedural reporting matter and LA District LA officials were satisfied with the comprehensive, preventive and functional COVID-19 GSF protocols. The GSF complied with all other state, federal and international reporting requirements; LA County was the only exception for the July days, “the statement said.

Asked about what the manufacturers were violating, Davis said, “The fact that they came through anonymous tips means they were violating the protocols.”

The LA Times reports to the ministry’s request to report that there are three known cases, starting June 11.

“It’s part of the protocols, it’s not just about what you have in place inside the facility itself, but also about following the reports when needed so we can help guide you and ensure that other workers are safe when possible. is identified in the workplace, “he said.

The health official said all three facilities could open this week after providing the department with the information needed to evaluate and guide their response, and all would continue to receive unannounced inspections to ensure compliance with the protocols.

“Businesses have a common and moral and social responsibility to their employees and the families of their employees to ensure a safe working environment,” he said.


Source link